- to facilitate the administrative functions of sports and educational hobbies in the City of Rīga.
- to monitor sports, educational hobbies and leisure time institutions under the jurisdiction of the RCC ECSD, as well as to consult with student self-government bodies and the Rīga Student Council
- to ensure the accessibility of sports and physical activity for all Rīga city resident groups, as well as to coordinate the organization of sporting events, and the development of public and youth sports;
- to facilitate the rational and effective use of sports bases under the jurisdiction of RCC ECSD in the interests of the children, youth and adults of Rīga;
- to develop proposals for the allocation and distribution of State and Council budget funding to ensure the activities of institutions under its jurisdiction;
- to ensure the participation of Rīga representative teams in national kompleksajos/complex sporting events, to facilitate the inclusion of Rīga sportsmen and sportswomen in national teams
Sports and Youth Board
Telephone: + 371 67026816