- to ensure diversity in the conduct of culture life, to facilitate the maintenance of traditional values, to ensure a cultural education process, as well as appropriate and creative opportunities for residents to spend their leisure time in the City of Rīga.
- to ensure the conduct of and decorations for the Republic of Latvia’s national celebrations, commemorations, remembrance and observance days, traditional celebrations and other events in Rīga;
- to monitor the cultural and cultural educational institutions under the jurisdiction of the Department, the Council’s public library, as well as to coordinate the activities of amateur art groups
- to develop the Rīga City Council’s cultural events plan and to coordinate the annual activity plans of institutions, as well as to provide for the activities of professional artistic groups created by the Council;
- to develop proposals for the allocation and distribution of State and Council budget funding as determined by the Rīga City Council, and to develop proposals on the allocation of European Union structural funds and State funding for development projects, State-earmarked subsidies and in the allocation of investment within its areas of responsibility
Telephone: +371 67043648