The board ensures to offer diverse cultural events, ensures to safeguard traditional values and to realize cultural education processes; along side offering residents productive and innovative ways to spend their spare-time in Riga.
- Establishes priorities within the cultural field;
- Develops Riga City Council cultural event calendar and coordinates institutions’ yearly calendars;
- Develops proposals regarding the creation, reorganization, liquidation of subordinate facilities, and submits optimization proposals for their network and infrastructure development;
- Fosters development of cultural industry;
- Coordinates the creation, promotion and conservation of cultural values within cultural institutions;
- Insures the continuation of the Song and Dance Festival by ensuring the operation of state created professional and amateur artistic collective;
- Coordinates amateur collective operation and organizes shows, contests and festivals within this field;
- Oversees professional education and other educational program licensing;
- Guarantees occurrence and formation of the Republic of Latvia holidays, remembrance, memorial, and noteworthy days, as well as traditional holidays and other significant events in Riga;
- Coordinates international cultural communication with Riga Sister Cities and institutions abroad; as well as ensures the cooperation and participation of state run institutions and amateur collectives in international projects;
- Prepares and submits proposals regarding European Union Structure Funds and state financing allocation.
Telephone: +371 67043648