- to develop and implement the Council’s policies in the comprehensive education area, to ensure opportunities for gaining kindergarten, elementary and comprehensive secondary education in the Rīga City administrative territory.
- to monitor comprehensive educational institutions and education support institutions under the jurisdiction of the RCC ECSD;
- to develop proposals for the allocation and distribution of State and Council budget funding;
- to develop proposals on the allocation of European Union structural funds and State funding for development projects in the areas of its responsibility;
- to lead and monitor the operation of the Council’s pedagogical medical commissions, to facilitate the inclusion of students with particular and special needs in comprehensive education educational institutions, as well as to monitor the education of students with long-term illnesses;
- to facilitate the work of medical employees, psychologists, social and special pedagogues and speech therapists in schools;
- to collaborate and provide methodical assistance to private educational institutions in Rīga, as well as to monitor the licensing of the educational programmes of the Council’s comprehensive educational institutions;
- to carry out hobby education and work with youth administrative functions in the City of Rīga;
- to monitor hobby educational institutions under the jurisdiction of the RCC ECSD, as well as to consult with student self-government bodies and the Rīga Student Council;
- to plan and implement student activities and events during school holidays and to ensure the participation of young people in the planning and implementation of work with youth;
- to develop proposals for the allocation and distribution of State and Council budget funding to ensure the activities of the institutions under its jurisdiction.
Telephone: +371 67026816